Wednesday, January 11, 2023

PTSD

 I have self diagnosed.  I came up with PTSD as the acronym, but it stands for 

Present Traumatic Stress Disorder

and in my case it relates to the filling in of forms and questionnaires, whether online or in writing. Whether in English or in Hebrew.

I have simply HAD ENOUGH, and am on a now four day break from filling in or answering anything. I have been doing this since my decision to move from America back to Israel.  It culminated lasted Thursday when what was supposed to be an extremely easy transition from a paid for SIM card to a SIM of a phone company.  Everyone I spoke to said I could keep my present phone number - in fact there is even a law that insures this.

4 hours later - after lengthy talks with Violet, Maytal ,Yoav, and other names I cannot nor do I want to remember, I no longer had my old number.  "It is dead" said Violet, "a dead body cannot be moved to another place."  The new number given was tested (by me) and belonged to another person - then my new number didn't appear on anyone's screen, on and on - you get the picture.

Forms filled in, scanned, along with National Insurance Forms, application for Driver's License forms suddenly had me in tears, wailing, pulling out my hair, gnashing my teeth.

NO MORE FORMS I am sick, I am suffering. PTSD.  Finished. Don't ask me my name, my DOB done in a different way in Israel with the date first then the month, and this misunderstanding leading to more filling in, errors, etc. etc.

So I am taking a leave from anything to do with anything bureaucratic even if it means I will be thrown out of the country.  Tonight there is yet another demonstration in Tel Aviv - I will watch it on TV and pray for sanity, both mine, and that of the country, and the universe.

1 comment:

Judy Dodd said...

Nesta, as is usually the case, you make me laugh and fill me with horror at the same time. Bureaucracies!
Aiyeeee! They all come from the same hellish place. I totally support you in going AWOL and in your self-diagnosis. Nothing could be truer. An island of serenity and sanity is needed. I love the pictures of your nest, and as Bryan said, I love seeing the familiar pieces of your American life mingling with your new life and adventure.
Judy