Sunday, August 13, 2023

Some Art

 I have been sequestered, firstly because of covid, and now the weather, and general malaise.  I have been reading a lot - someone here bought me about 5 very large books - about 800 pages each, the first being The Seven Sisters.  She insisted I have missed out by not having read them - worse even, I had never heard of them. Until I became ill they took up space on my bookshelf unopened. One of my days in isolation I leafed through the first one. Having nothing else to do, or to read, I began reading. Hmm, I thought, as I read - predictable, contrived, artificial, and I continued reading despite my severe criticism. I am now on the fourth book, and totally engrossed.  

I had also reserved The Covenant of Water on Libby - as an audible book.  A note informed me I had a 21 week late.  3 days later I received a text that the book is ready. So while I listen to this book I began to try watercolours - a medium I find very difficult.  Also some sketching with graphite.

Here are the fruit of my labours:










1 comment:

Elliewald said...

Hi Nesta, I love these watercolors! And the graphite stuff is great also. You seem to have a sense of freedom with the watercolor..I envy that! We have such a big challenge with the climate....I'm having nightly anxiety about the fires. So far nothing around here but it feels kind of inevitable. Go bag, emergency prep meetings, etc. Life on planet earth is quite a ride these days. Sending love, Ellen