Thursday, March 23, 2023

Timing

 My timing is impeccable.  

The disastrous elections were held two days after my arrival in Israel.

It takes six months to get health coverage.  Before then I had to pay private insurance.  My national health insurance came through 2 days ago.  Two days ago I woke up without a voice, and a terrible headache! Perfect timing.

I do not have Corona - daily tests are negative - but obviously I have one of the many viruses going around.  Maybe it is to the delight of everyone that I have no voice.

That was the same morning my neighbour and I had to go to a lawyer to sign to the last testament. The poor man had his second leg amputated, then he had a heart attack, then the doctors told his partner that the infection was in his lungs.  We raced to the lawyer - i.e. we tried to race but that morning it poured and traffic was at a standstill. Eventually we arrived and went to the office of the lawyer who explained that the oral will was not enough, and the man had to sign.  His partner's sister who was with us told him that he is not exactly in a good way - not nice to say that he was on his last legs, because he wasn't anymore. The lawyer went to the hospital, the man signed, and 20 minutes later passed away.  The funeral took place the next morning - I did not go to that, and my neighbour didn't have the heart to ask if his legs were in his coffin. I presume they were.

Life ..............   And today another day of disruption.

1 comment:

Johana said...

Nesta,

Sending prayers for your spiritual and physical renewal!