Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Exactly One Year

 Last year - 2020, March 10 fell on a Tuesday.  I am not some kind of savant who remembers the days and dates, but this I do remember.  I was in my Art workshop that Tuesday and I distinctly recall telling the members that I had a ticket for Hamilton that evening.  By this time we all knew of this corona virus and we were unclear as to what to believe, and what is the correct protocol for using BART, going to the theater etc.  After much deliberation I decided to go. I took BART into the city - the theater was packed with an enthusiastic audience.  I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, and was so pleased I went.  The very next day public gatherings were forbidden.  I did blog about this a year ago.

Now I am 2 days before my second shot.  Then I have 2 weeks to remain protected, then apparently it will be safe to be inside with people who have been vaccinated. We can even remove our masks.  As I wrote in previous entries, I am not singing woo hoo and ditching my mask and hand sanitizers, nor my caution that has been drilled into me for a year.  I am also not hopping on a plane or planning wild vacations.

I know this pandemic is not over, and oddly, I am by now quite used to staying at home. I attend zoom groups and classes, and am quite relieved not to have to drive anywhere, look for parking etc. 

I suppose it will be like first putting my foot in to test the water.  First one toe, then another.  Maybe the whole foot, followed by the other.  Wading out, not yet fully submerged.  Then perhaps, with caution, eventually, one deep breath and under the water I go.

Let's see.

No comments: