Friday, September 18, 2026

Some additions to above entry

 I had meant to write about the two hotels we stayed in on our Namaqualand Tour.  We stayed in Clanwilliam for one night, and Oukiep for two nights.

I am sure all of you have heard of these metropolises. (is there such a word?) 

Suffice to say that to enter our room we had to use a key and turn it in the lock.  Hot water did not come out of the one tap immediately. There was a Gideons bible in the nightstand.  The hotels smelled of old polished wood - stinkwood, yellow wood. Friendly receptionists who kept our room keys when we went out, and had genuine smiles.  The food was delicious and plentiful. 

That is what I had meant to write about - I am sure something else will pop into my head.

And here is a photo of the Queen of the Night cactus which bloomed last night.






No comments: