Thursday, October 21, 2021

New

 Well, two really exciting things have happened over the past two days - 

At last I have a date for my second cataract surgery - November 22nd.  Ever since the first surgery in April I have known that my second eye will be operated on - but there has been a backlog of people needing eye operations of all sorts.  Everything has been backlogged - from the availability of trekking poles to eye surgeries.  When my doctor told me she first had to operate on those people in danger of losing their sight, I graciously nodded.   So I am thankful the wait is over.  This must mean that sight has been restored to many and now my eye will be operated on.

The other thing that is really exciting is that the 8th season of Seaside Hotel is now available for streaming.  I am delightedly watching.

I also had a revelation of sorts - I believe I blogged last year about my reduced vocabulary. - In 2020 my wise comments and observations had been reduced to two words - unbelievable and horrendous.  Over the last month or so I noticed that my vast vocabulary has changed.  This year my trove of words and accumulated knowledge is now down to "whatever" and "I don't know."

Ah - such is the value of age and wisdom.

2 comments:

ChuChu said...

Thank you for news of a new season of SeaSide Hotel. I inhaled the previous seasons inn few sittings thanks to your recommendation, and there is no reason not to continue!

Yes, “I don’t know” is a perennially applicable comment,
I don’t know yet about “whatever” , but we shall see….

And glad you have a date for the second cataract. It does sound like the name of a geographic phenomenon, which it kinda is…

Johana said...

I love your new vocabulary! LOL I've been reading aloud to myself in the evenings lately and I've noticed my reading skills are off. I'm wondering if it is because I don't have the day to day office interaction with my peers. We text or send e-mails. We have online training but it is just listening and taking notes.