Sunday, January 31, 2021

Happiness is...........

 Happiness is finding my missing valet blade.  At last I can again scrape dry paint off my easel. 



I have no idea why I still have a valet blade, or where it came from.  Does anyone recognise them?  I remember my mother used them in South Africa to sharpen pencils.  One side is blunt.  I don't even know whether it is still possible to buy or find them.

I found one still in its packet a couple of years ago and have used it to scrape paint off my easel, as I stated before.  But just about a month ago I didn't see it in the box of brushes.  I searched high and low, to no avail.  I scraped paint off with makeshift items, a steel emery board, a blunt knife.  Nothing as good as my trusted valet blade.  This morning I sat down to my coffee and began clearing my table  for tomorrow's art class.  I have a small cart of art supplies which I pushed aside to make room for more tins and what have you's  when, to my unbridled joy, I saw the valet blade on the mesh surface of the table.  Such happiness!

It doesn't take much to bring me joy in these strange new times.  I am wondering what Mari Kondo would say to that!  I experience joy finding a missing sock in my basket of masks.  I am unreasonably happy to discover a pair pliers that I had misplaced.

I suppose it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of this, joy is joy after all.

1 comment:

Marianna said...

This is very exciting, indeed! I have never heard of a Valet blade, but I can certainly see it's usefulness in cleaning paint off your palette. I can completely understand the happiness at its recovery from such a camouflaged hiding place!!! Love that you keep finding little joyful moments to treasure no matter how small they may seem!