Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Yet Another Dreadful Incident

 And this one - two days before Thanksgiving.  I suppose this is in keeping with the general theme of this year.

The night before last  I opened my fridge for some inspiration.  I forgot I had purchased a bottle of organic vegetable mix.  Ahah - what a good idea I thought - a bloody Mary before dinner.  I haven't had one in years.  I poured some vodka into a glass and opened the bottle of organic vegetable mix, pleased with the healthy sounding ingredients.  I poured it into my glass and saw a kind of lump - small and dark, that plopped together with the juice into the glass.  Hmm, I thought - the juice is smooth and uniform - better check this out, maybe it is like an organic parsley leaf or some other of the many vegetables.  I used a spoon to take it out and - absolute horror of horrors - it looked like an insect - a spider or something.  OMG - this is unbelievable (back to my favorite overused word).  I put it into a small ziploc bag closing my eyes and poured out the juice, and sadly, the vodka.  Any desire for a bloody mary had dissipated swiftly. I placed the bottle and the creature into a bag which I would take back to Trader Joe's the next day.  

After standing in line I marched to customer service and placed the offensive items on the counter. When a smiling woman came to help she looked at the bottle and said, 'that's not ours.'  Then she looked at the critter and shuddered - 'that's a spider.'  

Oh my, apparently in the fog of everything I forgot where I bought it.  I apologised and went back to my car.  Ahh, I remembered, Luckys/Albertsons/Luckys. Must have bought it there.  Off to Luckys and along to customer service.  I took out the bottle and the offensive critter. The masked woman took one look, then looked away and said - 'do you want to replace the bottle?"

"No, I don't. I am scared." She gave me a refund and I asked whether I should leave the critter there so she could show it to whomever it needed to be shown.  She averted her gaze and said "take it away. Take a photo and send it to the makers of the juice. '  She gave me a number for customer support.

When I reached home I realised I had suppressed the name of the makers - it was irretrievable in my fog.This is my last mention of this most unfortunate occurrence.  I may never buy organic anything again.





2 comments:

Hopeful said...

How horrible! This is why I only eat fried foods.

Johana said...

Wow! I have no words!