Thursday, October 1, 2020

Uninspired

It has been three weeks since the day that wasn't day.

Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur have come and gone. I think we enjoyed maybe two weeks of fresh air. Thing is, I have lost count of days, of fires, of breathable air, unhealthy air, of pre-election anxiety, or rather fear.

But today I believe is Thursday, smokey unhealthy air, hot outside, visibility - all is grey, and again, my plants, the car, table and chairs on my deck - all covered in a light dusting of ash. Today is the day I take out the garbage and recycle bins.

Today feels tedious, uninspiring, but I decided I must do something.  Small accomplishment is a watercolour of the fiery sunsets - and now, an uninspired and uninspiring blog entry. Someone said my recent entries are gloom and doom - well - really, what an immense surprise that was to me. And this was said to me before that dreadful debacle of what was supposed to have been a debate.

The services I zoomed into on Yom Kippur were yet another reminder of the collective horror that has come to us.  At the same time they were heartfelt and uplifting in that there is strength in prayer, and a sense of community despite our isolation.  Maybe, just maybe - a hint of optimism?



1 comment:

Marianna said...

I have no words of comfort or even optimism, really. But I do send hugs and am grateful for your voice and your amazing skill at saying it like it is. I, too, felt uninspired and all was tedious today.
What is there to do? Just what you have done. You created something... your words, and beautifully sad art. Art that represents what is happening in our little corner of the world right now. I love the contrast of the red around the sun with the green of the foliage. You are a so gifted, Nesta! XOXO