Thursday, November 10, 2016

OMG

The day after. I wake up and first thing on my mind is 'is this really happening. Did I dream this? I am experiencing this horror on a visceral level, I feel shaky, sick to my stomach, plus there is deja-vu - South Africa, the Nationalist Party getting stronger and stronger. Israel, The Likud getting voted in. Now America - a time of reckoning. A foreshadowing of things to come - I cannot listen to that man, and the thought of him and that silicone-filled Barbie doll with the cruel eyes inhabiting the white house. NO - replacing the refined, articulate, elegant, gracious, intelligent, beautiful Obamas No,no,no,no It IS happening. Today is day 2 after the election. Facebook is full of posts about the need to love, accept, forgive. For heavens sake people, be real. There is a time for everything, a time to grieve, a time to wait. Ecclesiastes. Let us allow ourselves time to absorb what has happened, and what is happening. We need time to absorb, to remain centred, to heal, and later to move forward. We need to be gentle to ourselves as well as to all those around us. We are all in pain.

1 comment:

Judith Clare said...

Hi , I finally got back to reading your blog, I think since my computer broke about a year ago. It's as good as ever. Will follow it regularly from now on