Friday, September 4, 2015

How

How does it happen that tender jade green leaves of the watsonia are rising through the  dry brown remains of the spring flowering?
How does it happen that the leaves on my tomato plant are starting to brown and shrivel?
How does it happen that when I leave my yoga class at 8 p.m.  I have to turn on the headlights in my car?
How does it happen that I find a New Year's gift from Israel outside my front door?
How does it happen that it is a year since my visit to South Africa?
How does it happen that the street is full of parents dropping off their kids at school?
How and when did this all happen? It is already September, and I have only recently got used to writing 2015.

1 comment:

Elaine Millin said...

I was just thinking its a year since we went to Niewoudtville on our crazy flower adventure