Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Uncertainty

This morning, on my way to work,it dawned upon me that I am living in a sea of uncertainty. As I thought that, I had another thought, a sea - what a metaphor. Over the last few weeks, we are witnessing two tragedies occurring in seas. The ongoing horror of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, and the dreadful uncertainty that the spill may not be contained for a long long time, and the uncertainty of the extent of the damage it has done, and will do. Then Monday came the failure, and dare I say it, stupidity of the Israeli raid on the flotilla in international waters in the Mediterranean. My thoughts had begun with my personal feeling of uncertainty which has been with me for quite a while now. Uncertainty about work which continues, but we have fewer referrals, so what will happen. What will happen if and when I retire? where will I live? what will I do? etc. etc. It seems like everyone I speak to is in a state of flux, relationships are breaking up, even long term ones. Friends are leaving, moving to different states. The weather is downright odd, it rained this morning, in June.

No comments: